Posted to dev@stdcxx.apache.org by Farid Zaripov <Fa...@epam.com> on 2007/04/03 17:11:23 UTC

The Microsoft don't accept bugreports for compilers below Visual Studio 2005 (MSVC 8)

  I have posted some bugs on the Microsoft feedback page. I've got the
following reply:

https://connect.microsoft.com/feedback/viewfeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=2662
40&wa=wsignin1.0&siteid=210

Thanks for reporting this issue, but we only accept feedback for Visual
Studio 2005 at this time. If this issue is urgent, please call support
directly (see http://support.microsoft.com).

Farid.

RE: The Microsoft don't accept bugreports for compilers below Visual Studio 2005 (MSVC 8)

Posted by Farid Zaripov <Fa...@epam.com>.

[...]
> > Thanks for reporting this issue, but we only accept feedback for
> > Visual Studio 2005 at this time. If this issue is urgent,
> please call
> > support directly (see http://support.microsoft.com).
>
> I thought the bug was in Visual Studio 2005 as well? If it's
> already been fixed that's great. We don't need their help
> with a workaround.

  In dynatype.cpp was 2 bugs:

1. error C2248 only in MSVC 7.1:

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?Fe
edbackID=266240

2. error C2440 in both MSVC 7.1 and MSVC 8.0:

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?Fe
edbackID=266262

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?Fe
edbackID=266263

    On this bug they have responded:
----------
Thanks for your feedback. We have reproduced this bug on Visual Studio
2005 SP1, and we are sending
this bug to the appropriate group within the Visual Studio Product Team
for triage and resolution.
----------

Posted by Martin Sebor <ms...@gmail.com>.
Farid Zaripov wrote:
>   I have posted some bugs on the Microsoft feedback page. I've got the
> following reply:
>
> https://connect.microsoft.com/feedback/viewfeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=2662
> 40&wa=wsignin1.0&siteid=210
>
> Thanks for reporting this issue, but we only accept feedback for Visual
> Studio 2005 at this time. If this issue is urgent, please call support
> directly (see http://support.microsoft.com).

I thought the bug was in Visual Studio 2005 as well? If it's already
been fixed that's great. We don't need their help with a workaround.

Martin