Posted to user@vcl.apache.org by David DeMizio <dd...@ncf.edu> on 2013/11/18 16:33:06 UTC

linux image capture centos 6.4

Hello,

I was able to successfully capture a linux image but the hostname is set to
win7pro64bit.

when running the ssh setup part of the image capture I did receive this
message

ssh -i /etc/vcl/vcl.key <hostname or IP address>

Warning: Permanently added '10.10.11.22' (RSA) to the list of known hosts.
reverse mapping checking getaddrinfo for
win7pro64bit.internal.ncf.edu[10.10.11.22] failed - POSSIBLE BREAK-IN
ATTEMPT!

not sure if it has something to do with the keys but I'm just not sure why
it set hostname of linux box to win7pro64bit Thanks

-Dave

Re: linux image capture centos 6.4

Posted by David DeMizio <dd...@ncf.edu>.
Hi Aaron,

I already have the below from the install instructions /etc/ssh/ssh_config so
I'm not sure why it's not honoring in

Host 10.10.11.*
#   ForwardAgent no
#   ForwardX11 no
#   RhostsRSAAuthentication no
#   RSAAuthentication yes
#   PasswordAuthentication yes
#   HostbasedAuthentication no
#   GSSAPIAuthentication no
#   GSSAPIDelegateCredentials no
#   GSSAPIKeyExchange no
#   GSSAPITrustDNS no
#   BatchMode no
#   CheckHostIP yes
#   AddressFamily any
#   ConnectTimeout 0

#VCL Management Node Parameters
StrictHostKeyChecking no
UserKnownHostsFile /dev/null
IdentityFile /etc/vcl/vcl.key

David DeMizio
*Academic Systems Coordinator*
Office of Information Technology
New College of Florida
Phone: 941-487-4222 | Fax: 941-487-4356
www.ncf.edu

Posted by David DeMizio <dd...@ncf.edu>.
Just to add another note, that was the ip and hostname that I used to
capture my windows based image. Do I need to rerun the gen-node-key.sh or
some other step prior to capture image after a Windows image capture. I
also looked at the vcl node for that 10.10.11.22 address prior to image
capture and I didn't see it.