Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Murphy <we...@netway.at> on 2000/08/27 15:32:51 UTC

Trouble with tomcat as service on NT4

yo,

I use Tomcat 3.1 on NT4.0 with Servicepack 6a installed and Suns JDK1.3;

I used gservany.exe to make tomcat into a service;
the problem is, that it only works if I am logged in on the server;
any time I log out, tomcat doesn't respond;

I already tried letting tomcat log on as a special tomcat user and even as
root;
but nothing works;

what could be the problem here;

thanx in advance,
murphee

Re: Trouble with tomcat as service on NT4

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@apache.org>.
Murphy wrote:

> yo,
>
> I use Tomcat 3.1 on NT4.0 with Servicepack 6a installed and Suns JDK1.3;
>
> I used gservany.exe to make tomcat into a service;
> the problem is, that it only works if I am logged in on the server;
> any time I log out, tomcat doesn't respond;
>
> I already tried letting tomcat log on as a special tomcat user and even as
> root;
> but nothing works;
>
> what could be the problem here;

I'm rewriting all that part, a new release will be up in a couple of
weeks...

	Pier