Posted to users@isis.apache.org by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk> on 2012/08/15 09:21:27 UTC

new github repo as clone of SVN

Dear all(especially Adam)

As you might know, I'm keeping a clone of SVN as a github repo under my
account; the reason being to make it easier for contributors who like to
use git.

This is to give notice that I've recreated a new clone, and that the old
one is no longer being maintained and will be deleted.  (The reason I've
abandoned the original is due to merge issues I hit with my initial use of
git svn rebase).

The new clone is http://danhaywood.com/github/apache-isis   (with a hyphen).

The old clone was http://danhaywood.com/github/apacheisis   (no hyphen).

Hopefully this won't inconvenience anyone too much, apols if it does.

Dan

Re: new github repo as clone of SVN

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
On 26 August 2012 21:31, Mark Wood-Patrick <mw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> When I run
>
>                 /home/utils/git-1.7.8.4/bin/git clone
> http://danhaywood.com/github/apache-isis
>
>  I get:
>
>  Cloning into 'apache-isis'...
>
> fatal: http://danhaywood.com/github/apache-isis/info/refs not found: did
> you
> run git update-server-info on the server?
>

> What am I doing wrong?

Instead, you'd be better off forking the apache-isis repo in github, such
that you have a read/write copy that you can clone from your own URL using
the git/ssh protocol (eg mine read/write acct is
git@github.com:danhaywood/apache-isis.git).
 Then, when you have a contribution, you can commit, push to your github,
then raise a pull request to my upstream account so it can be merged back
in.

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.