Posted to dev@flume.apache.org by Aline Guedes <al...@linux.vnet.ibm.com> on 2013/02/18 21:30:12 UTC

Test case TestFileChannel fails when flume is built from paths containing the string "hadoop"

Hello,

When flume 1.3.0 or 1.3.1 is built from a path that contains the string
"hadoop" in it (ie: /home/user/hadoop_components/flume), the test case
TestFileChannel fails.

The reason it fails is because it can't find the correct location of the
hadoop jar file - the function findHadoopJar in TestFileChannel.java
looks for the hadoop jar path by searching for the string "hadoop" in
the property java.class.path, and returns the first match of the search.
This is not necessarily the correct location of the hadoop jar.

Would you agree that the right thing to do is to look for the name of
the hadoop jar in the classpath (ie: hadoop-core-1.1.1.jar), instead of
looking for the string "hadoop"?

Best regards,
Aline Guedes

Re: Test case TestFileChannel fails when flume is built from paths containing the string "hadoop"

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>.
Great! Thanks!

Posted by Aline Guedes <al...@linux.vnet.ibm.com>.

I created a JIRA at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLUME-1920. I

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>.
That sounds correct. Do you want to create a JIRA and if you have one, attach a patch?

--
Brock Noland