Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Julien Martin <ju...@wanadoo.fr> on 2003/08/08 00:39:05 UTC

aliases under tomcat

Hello,

In order to internationalize a web application I would like several hosts to map to a unique directory i.e. "fr.localhost" and "en.localhost" to map to "localhost".

I have created an alias under the "localhost" host of tomcat which I have called "fr.localhost".  When I type in http://fr.localhost:8080/ in the address bar I get nothing (impossible to find the server).

Can anyone help?

Julien.

Re: aliases under tomcat

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
Eventually, you'll need to have your DNS server recognize the names.  But to
get started, you can just edit your system's host file and make
"fr.localhost" etc. aliases for localhost.

Re: aliases under tomcat