Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Charles Day <ch...@SYMIX.COM> on 2000/11/03 21:30:07 UTC

AuthCookie

It's been addressed under LIMITATIONS that if the first unauthenticated
request is a POST, that POSTed data will be lost.

The follow also holds true:

http://www.mydomain.com/index.cgi?a=blablabla&b=blablabla

gets redirected to:

http://www.mydomain.com/index.cgi

if it's the first unauthenticated request, the POSTed data is indeed lost.

I've replaced the following line in AuthCookie.pm

$r->header_out("Location" => "$args{'destination'}");

with:

$r->header_out("Location" => "$ENV{HTTP_REFERER}");

And we don't loose the data.  Is there a better mod_perlish way to do this
and are there buffer overflow risks involved?

Hidden POST data still gets lost, but this will fix my current problem of my
Marketing people sending these broken links around town.

Thanks,

Charles