Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Sergey Proskurnya <ma...@ukr.net> on 2003/12/17 11:51:51 UTC

ActionMapping - regexp pattern matching for path

Hello to all,

In Struts-1.1 it is possible to bind Actions to static URL path,
but is it possible to bind Actions to the set of the paths,
described by Java regular expression?
For example:
<action-mappings>
    <action	path="/users/.*"
		    type="com.mysite.UserPageAction"
		    scope="session"
		    validate="false">
		</action>
</action-mappings>

I mean that in this case the requests for "/users/John/",
"/users/Mary/" and etc. will be handled by "com.mysite.UserPageAction".

Thanks for attention,
      Sergey Proskurnya.

Re: ActionMapping - regexp pattern matching for path

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
Not in 1.1, but you can use wildcards in the nightly build.

http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/building_controller.html#action_mapping_wildcards

Posted by David Friedman <hu...@ix.netcom.com>.
Can't you use a module and set the action mapping to 'unknown="true"' so
that one particular action is used for everything?  If so, you'd need to be
mapping actions as 'do/*' instead of '*.do', theoretically.  I've been
meaning to try this now that I'm using /do/* as my Struts v1.1 mapping but I
haven't got around to using any modules yet.  (I'm sooo slow on ths project,
like I don't want to do it).

Regards,
David

No, I don't believe this is possible currently. Wildcards of any kind
(extending to regexps) are not support for ActionMapping paths.

Sergey Proskurnya wrote:

>Hello to all,
>
>In Struts-1.1 it is possible to bind Actions to static URL path,
>but is it possible to bind Actions to the set of the paths,
>described by Java regular expression?
>For example:
><action-mappings>
>    <action	path="/users/.*"
>		    type="com.mysite.UserPageAction"
>		    scope="session"
>		    validate="false">
>		</action>
></action-mappings>
>
>I mean that in this case the requests for "/users/John/",
>"/users/Mary/" and etc. will be handled by "com.mysite.UserPageAction".
>
>Thanks for attention,
>      Sergey Proskurnya.

Brice D. Ruth
Sr. IT Analyst
Fiskars Brands, Inc.

Re: ActionMapping - regexp pattern matching for path

Posted by Brice Ruth <br...@fiskars.com>.

Sergey Proskurnya wrote:

>Hello to all,
>
>In Struts-1.1 it is possible to bind Actions to static URL path,
>but is it possible to bind Actions to the set of the paths,
>described by Java regular expression?
>For example:
><action-mappings>
>    <action	path="/users/.*"
>		    type="com.mysite.UserPageAction"
>		    scope="session"
>		    validate="false">
>		</action>
></action-mappings>
>
>I mean that in this case the requests for "/users/John/",
>"/users/Mary/" and etc. will be handled by "com.mysite.UserPageAction".
>
>Thanks for attention,
>      Sergey Proskurnya.

Brice D. Ruth
Sr. IT Analyst