Posted to users@camel.apache.org by gilboy <jo...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/04 13:24:14 UTC

Aggregator completionPredicate criteria question

Hi

I am designing a system were the use of the aggregator is a good fit.

First of all I need to use one of the Persistent AggregationRepository's. My
concern with the approach is that I have certain edge cases were I may not
receive all members of the group, e.g. I am grouping messages with a
correlation indicator of "PlacementId" and I know I should receive N of
these.

However, if I receive N-1 of the messages and the Nth message is not
received within a certain period, e.g. 60 minutes I would like the group to
be created for just N-1 messages. Hence, I am wondering if I can use the
completion timeout in conjunction with my custom completionPredicate

Thanks
Joe

Re: Aggregator completionPredicate criteria question

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Yes just mind the timeout is not persistent. eg so if you shutdown the
system after 25 minutes, and start it again. Then the timeout restarts
from 60 minutes - and that I think requires a new incoming message to
trigger that.

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 1:24 PM, gilboy <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am designing a system were the use of the aggregator is a good fit.
>
> First of all I need to use one of the Persistent AggregationRepository's. My
> concern with the approach is that I have certain edge cases were I may not
> receive all members of the group, e.g. I am grouping messages with a
> correlation indicator of "PlacementId" and I know I should receive N of
> these.
>
> However, if I receive N-1 of the messages and the Nth message is not
> received within a certain period, e.g. 60 minutes I would like the group to
> be created for just N-1 messages. Hence, I am wondering if I can use the
> completion timeout in conjunction with my custom completionPredicate
>
> Thanks
> Joe

Claus Ibsen
Red Hat, Inc.