Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Carlos Garcia Ibañez <Ca...@EMEA.NEC.COM> on 2013/10/24 16:06:12 UTC

[jclouds-labs/abiquo] - Access to a Virtual Machine from the Volume entity

Hi all.
I'm trying to retrieve the Virtual Machine a volume entity is attached to from the volume object itself, but I cannot find any getVirtualMachine() method in this class. Nevertheless, I've noticed that the Abiquo REST representation for an attached volume contains a link "virtualmachine" that points to the corresponding virtual machine:

  <volume>
    <link href="http://x.x.x.x/api/cloud/virtualdatacenters/323/volumes/79737" rel="edit" type="application/vnd.abiquo.volume+xml"/>
    <link href="http://x.x.x.x/api/cloud/virtualdatacenters/323/volumes/79737/action/initiatormappings" rel="initiator mappings" type="application/vnd.abiquo.initiatormappings+xml"/>
    <link href="http://x.x.x.x/api/cloud/virtualdatacenters/323/tiers/1" rel="tier" title="Storage SATA RAID 5" type="application/vnd.abiquo.tier+xml"/>
    <link href="http://x.x.x.x/api/cloud/virtualdatacenters/323/virtualappliances/286" rel="virtualappliance" title="Virtual Appliance: 1" type="application/vnd.abiquo.virtualappliance+xml"/>
    <link href="http://x.x.x.x/api/cloud/virtualdatacenters/323" rel="virtualdatacenter" title="andres.cuesta###NECMKPId###" type="application/vnd.abiquo.virtualdatacenter+xml"/>
    <link href="http://x.x.x.x/api/cloud/virtualdatacenters/323/virtualappliances/286/virtualmachines/426" rel="virtualmachine" title="ABQ_54666a35-aa07-4303-9bc7-b6064d6875d0" type="application/vnd.abiquo.virtualmachine+xml"/>
    <id>79737</id>
    <name>resizing-test</name>
    <description>test</description>
    <state>ATTACHED</state>
    <sizeInMB>8192</sizeInMB>
    <sequence>0</sequence>
  </volume>

I'd like to know if there is a standard way to access this information through the jclouds framework. If not, I'd be glad to implement this functionality, as long as you give me some hints about how to do it :)

Thanks a lot and kind regards.

[cid:image001.jpg@01CED0D1.0FFD3DC0]

RE: [jclouds-labs/abiquo] - Access to a Virtual Machine from the Volume entity

Posted by Ignasi <ig...@gmail.com>.
I don't think it is necessary to open a JIRA for small additions like this,
but feel free to open it if you prefer to.

Posted by Ignasi <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Carlos Garcia Ibañez <Ca...@EMEA.NEC.COM>.
Sure it helps!

[cid:image001.jpg@01CED0D6.96D31E00]