Posted to dev@hama.apache.org by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/22 09:36:23 UTC

ML package in hama examples

Hi all,
following recent work from Thomas about K-Means algorithm for clustering
I'd like to propose a dedicated package for BSP based machine learning
algorithms implementations under hama-examples module.
WDYT?
All the best.
Tommaso

Re: ML package in hama examples

Posted by Thomas Jungblut <th...@googlemail.com>.
+1.

But I would rather try to convince the Mahout guys to implement Machine
learning algorithms in BSP for the long run.
Just to teaser people, we can try to make the k-means a bit more user
friendly and use it as an example.

For the most machine learning problems we could need a matrix operation
package as well, this is on our roadmap for months and years.
Just basic multiplication and transposing should be enough.

--
Thomas Jungblut
Berlin <th...@gmail.com>

Re: ML package in hama examples