Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Konstantin Shvachko <sh...@gmail.com> on 2017/12/02 04:42:33 UTC

VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.5 (RC0)

Hi everybody,

This is the next dot release of Apache Hadoop 2.7 line. The previous one
2.7.4 was release August 4, 2017.
Release 2.7.5 includes critical bug fixes and optimizations. See more
details in Release Note:
http://home.apache.org/~shv/hadoop-2.7.5-RC0/releasenotes.html

The RC0 is available at: http://home.apache.org/~shv/hadoop-2.7.5-RC0/

Please give it a try and vote on this thread. The vote will run for 5 days
ending 12/08/2017.

My up to date public key is available from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/hadoop/common/KEYS

Thanks,
--Konstantin

Re: VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.5 (RC0)

Posted by Ajay Kumar <aj...@hortonworks.com>.
+1  (non-binding)
Thanks for driving this.

--Built from the source.
--Installed 3 Node Cluster.
--Ran basic shell commands.
--Ran sample jobs, pi,wordcount.

Thanks,
Ajay

Posted by Hanisha Koneru <hk...@hortonworks.com>.
Thanks Konstantin for putting up 2.7.5-RC0 release.

+1 (non-binding).

Verified the following:
- Built from source on Mac OS X 10.11.6 with Java 1.7.0_79
- Deployed binary to a 3-node docker cluster
- Sanity checks
	- Basic dfs operations
	- MapReduce Wordcount & Grep

Thanks,
Hanisha

Posted by Konstantin Shvachko <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hey Nagarasimha,

Good find. thanks.
Indeed we need those as they are linked from the side bar.
I'll make sure to add CHANGES.txt when publishing new documentation.

Thanks,
--Konstantin

Posted by Konstantin Shvachko <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hey Nagarasimha,

Posted by Konstantin Shvachko <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hey Nagarasimha,

Posted by Konstantin Shvachko <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hey Nagarasimha,

Posted by Naganarasimha Garla <na...@apache.org>.

)

Posted by Naganarasimha Garla <na...@apache.org>.

Posted by Konstantin Shvachko <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hey Brahma,

Yes, I see some commits did not update CHANGES.txt. I see 2 options
1. Commit CHANGES.txt to 2.7.6, so that they are not lost, and make sure
they are available while publishing documentation for the release.
2. Update CHANGES.txt on 2.7.5, build and put RC1 for another vote.

LMK what people think?

Thanks,
--Konstantin

Posted by Konstantin Shvachko <sh...@gmail.com>.