Posted to users@flex.apache.org by davidenco <d....@reades.co.uk> on 2015/12/16 12:04:00 UTC

Can I use Flex/AIR to achieve these results for iOS app?

I have been tasked to write an app for our company iOS devices. This will be
my very first iOS app. Since I have been using Flex/AIR to develop desktop
applications for the past few years, I thought I would ask whether I can use
the same toolset to achieve the following:

Access rear-facing camera

Control video recording (i.e. record, pause and stop)

Make notes while recording video and still able to see the video output

Save video recording to local device

Play video recording from local device via the app only (cannot access via
Camera Roll)

Send video recording(s) to remote server when company Wi-Fi is detected

RE: Can I use Flex/AIR to achieve these results for iOS app?

Posted by Jason Taylor <ja...@dedoose.com>.
you could encrypt the video with a private key and save under a different extension to get around the camera roll limitation, and for the wifi detection this seems to be addressed here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/884285.  Hell for the video you could just pad the byte array and change the extension to bypass the camera roll.
Good luck,
~ JT

I think all this should be possible except for the not being too access the
video via the camera roll.   I doubt if you can do that even natively.

You might have to use an ANE for the wifi detection part.  Can anyone else conform?

Thanks,
Om

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,