Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Christian Folini <ch...@post.ch> on 2007/11/05 08:46:49 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] poor man's mod_deflate (mod_rewrite recipe)

On Wed, Oct 31, 2007 at 12:39:40PM +0000, Nick Kew wrote:
> > I think it is worth posting it here, as it is a good example for
> > mod_rewrite use.
>
> It's a very BAD example of mod_rewrite use, because you're reinventing
> a wheel that's been implemented for over 10 years in Apache.
> See mod_negotiation.

Hey Nick,

Glad I posted it nevertheless. That way I had you put my nose down
on the mod_negotiation documentation - which I considered too
complicated so far.

When facing a problem, I tend to use those tools which I understand.
That may be reinventing the wheel, but it feels better then
playing around with a productive server in a hurry.

And now I'll turn back to your Apache Modules book that
landed on my desk today. Expecting an interesting day.

regs,

Christian