Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by va...@onvol.net on 2004/09/27 15:17:33 UTC

WEB APP PROBLEM !!!!!!!!!!

i did two things

1) REMOVED the ROOT Folder from webapp directory of tomcat
2) According to specification of apache, i removed the host called localhost and hence i had to change the entry in

<Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="www.export4u.co.uk" debug="0">

NOW.........................
I am attaching the server.xml file.
 I am tired of trying this f...ing stuff
i am sorry for the foul language . please have a look and me know

After trying what u told me .. it is displaying blank page

check out yourself
http://www.export4u.co.uk

Re: WEB APP PROBLEM !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Anto Paul <an...@gmail.com>.
There is one Apache sitting there. When I tried the URL the content
was served. This is what I got.

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 13:33:15 GMT
Server: Apache/1.3.29 (Unix)
Transfer-Encoding: chunked

<HTML><HEAD>
<META NAME="description" content="">
<META NAME="keywords" content="">
<TITLE>www. Export4U.co.uk</TITLE>

</HEAD>
<FRAMESET ROWS="100%,*" BORDER="0" FRAMEBORDER="0">
<FRAME SRC="http://micsexport.servepics.com/" SCROLLING="AUTO" NAME="bannerframe
" NORESIZE>
</FRAMESET>
<NOFRAMES>
www. Export4U.co.uk
<P>
<DIV ALIGN="CENTER"><A HREF="http://micsexport.servepics.com/">http://export4u.c
o.uk/</A></DIV>
</NOFRAMES>
</HTML>

Please try connecting to Tomcat directly.

Anto Paul

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 15:17:33 +0200, vaneet@onvol.net <va...@onvol.net> wrote:
> i did two things
>
> 1) REMOVED the ROOT Folder from webapp directory of tomcat
> 2) According to specification of apache, i removed the host called localhost and hence i had to change the entry in
>
> <Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="www.export4u.co.uk" debug="0">
>
> NOW.........................
> I am attaching the server.xml file.
> I am tired of trying this f...ing stuff
> i am sorry for the foul language . please have a look and me know
>
> After trying what u told me .. it is displaying blank page
>
> check out yourself
> http://www.export4u.co.uk

> >------=_NextPart_000_0003_01C4A4A3.4CF6BE40
> >
> >Hi
> >
> >> When i remove the
> >>  <Host = localhost..................... > i get following error in stderr
> >file.
> >
> >> java.io.IOException: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax
> >is incorrect
> >
> >is this correct:
> >  C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Tomcat 5.0/webapps
> >???
> >
> >Try this:
> >  C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Tomcat 5.0/webapps/
> >
> >But it should work.
> >
> >For me, the following works:
> >
> ><Host name="localhost" debug="0" appBase="webapps"
> >               unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="false"
> >               xmlValidation="false" xmlNamespaceAware="false">
> >       <Context path="" docBase="d:/mywebapp" debug="0"
> >reloadable="false"/>
> ></Host>
> >

> >Regards,
> >  Steffen
> >
> >------=_NextPart_000_0003_01C4A4A3.4CF6BE40
> >
> >MIAGCSqGSIb3DQEHAqCAMIACAQExCzAJBgUrDgMCGgUAMIAGCSqGSIb3DQEHAQAAoIIJVzCCAt8w
> >ggJIoAMCAQICAw0GrjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQQFADBiMQswCQYDVQQGEwJaQTElMCMGA1UEChMcVGhh
> >d3RlIENvbnN1bHRpbmcgKFB0eSkgTHRkLjEsMCoGA1UEAxMjVGhhd3RlIFBlcnNvbmFsIEZyZWVt
> >YWlsIElzc3VpbmcgQ0EwHhcNMDQwOTEyMTQ1NzEwWhcNMDUwOTEyMTQ1NzEwWjCBpzENMAsGA1UE
> >BBMESGVpbDEQMA4GA1UEKhMHU3RlZmZlbjEVMBMGA1UEAxMMU3RlZmZlbiBIZWlsMSIwIAYJKoZI
> >hvcNAQkBFhN1bmlAc3RlZmZlbi1oZWlsLmRlMSQwIgYJKoZIhvcNAQkBFhVsaXN0c0BzdGVmZmVu
> >LWhlaWwuZGUxIzAhBgkqhkiG9w0BCQEWFG1haWxAc3RlZmZlbi1oZWlsLmRlMIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3

To strive,to seek,to find and not to yield

Re: Re: Thankx

Posted by va...@onvol.net.
i am sorry mike.....
 but i didnt mean to show my anger.
Some people on list are trying to help me but somehow the problem is not coming to end.
anyways, i know the workaround but i still want to solve that way.

i will keep in mind next time i ask help on this mailing list
Vaneet

Re: WEB APP PROBLEM !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Mike Fowler <to...@mlfowler.com>.
Do you honestly expect anyone to help you by taking your frustration out
on this mailing list? Take your anger elsewhere.

AW: WEB APP PROBLEM !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Steffen Heil <li...@steffen-heil.de>.
Hi

As Anto wrote:
Is there an apache in the mix?

PLEASE, try to get tomcat to work standalone at first.
THEN try to connect apache.

If the problem still occurs, send more information:
JDK version, Tomcat exact version, Windows version,
all installations paths, environment settings, machine's ips,
dns settings, hosts file settings, and so on.

I am sure, we will be able to fix this, give it some time.

Regards,
  Steffen