Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Dawei Liu <at...@163.com> on 2020/09/01 02:06:46 UTC

Re: IoTDB podling report draft - Sepember 2020

Hi,

Thanks Xiangdong and Julian,

I think 'keep driving the graduation process according to the Apache graduation
guideline’ is ok .

This email has been out for more than 72 hours,Any other Suggestions?

If there are no more comments from everyone, I will copy the results to the wiki.

Best,

Dawei

On 08/31/2020 18:26,Xiangdong Huang<sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

as we already had a discussion about graduation AND I just started a vote
about graduation we should just note that in the report, I think.

Yes, how about modifying the description of the point 3  "get a consensus
on graduation in the community and start a vote"

to "keep driving the graduation process according to the Apache graduation
guideline"

Best,
-----------------------------------
Xiangdong Huang
School of Software, Tsinghua University

黄向东
清华大学 软件学院

Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de> 于2020年8月30日周日 下午8:48写道:

Hi,

as we already had a discussion about graduation AND I just started a vote
about graduation we should just note that in the report, I think.

Julian

Am 28.08.20, 16:29 schrieb "Dawei Liu" <at...@163.com>:

Hi all,
I finished a draft for the report, pls have a review.

## IoTDB

IoTDB is a data store for managing large amounts of time series data
such as
timestamped data from IoT sensors in industrial applications.

IoTDB has been incubating since 2018-11-18.

### Three most important unfinished issues to address before
graduating:

1. attract more contributors
2. constantly update the stats in the maturity model assessment
3. get a consensus on graduation in the community and start a vote

### Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware
of?
No.

### How has the community developed since the last report?
1. 2 new PPMC are elected(Haonan Hou, Dawei Liu)
2. more new contributors appear in the mailing list.
3. More people are getting involved in community voting, for
example(v0.10.0 release vote: 17 votes, 7 votes from committers)
4. Successfully held an online Meetup(2020-07-11)

### How has the project developed since the last report?
1. Two version(v0.10.0 and v0.10.1) are released.
2. The project keeps active, there are 258 pr has merged and 148 pr
into the main branch.
3. The distributed version is in testing stage..
4. Many new improvements and features have been addressed, for
example(RestAPI performance optimization, implemented data level merge,
support order by time , etc ...)

### How would you assess the podling's maturity?
Please feel free to add your own commentary.

- [ ] Initial setup
- [ ] Working towards first release
- [ ] Community building
- [x] Nearing graduation
- [ ] Other:

### Date of last release:

2020-08-23

### When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?
2020-07-13 for the last PPMC.

### Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?
Yes, helpful and responsive.

### Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?
Required Name Search is done. A google search didn’t show any major
branding issues that the PPMC needs to deal with.

Re: IoTDB podling report draft - Sepember 2020

Posted by Dawei Liu <at...@163.com>.
Hi,

The IoTDB Pojoining Report has been updated to the wiki [1].
Please let me know if you have any Suggestions.

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/September2020#iotdb

Best,
Dawei