Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Randall Clark <cl...@bjc.org> on 2003/10/21 16:31:28 UTC

Anti-aliased text

We have just updated to batik 1.5 and our text is now aliased.  I tried extending JSVGCanvas and using RenderingHints in the paint method.  This did not work.  Is there a way to do this?  If it is a tag in the svg document that would be fine, I can change that.  I just don't know where to look (it is not obvious).

Thanks for any help!

Re: Anti-aliased text

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.
Randall Clark wrote:

> We have just updated to batik 1.5 and our text is now aliased.
> I tried extending JSVGCanvas and using RenderingHints in the paint method.
> This did not work.  Is there a way to do this?  If it is a tag in the svg
> document that would be fine, I can change that.

   try: text-rendering="optimizeLegibility"

> I just don't know where to look (it is not obvious).

    All the SVG rendering hints are in chapter 11, section 7: "Rendering Properties"