Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Maurits van Wijland <m....@quicknet.nl> on 2002/10/06 09:05:40 UTC

Iterate the index by document

Hi all,

Is there anyway one can iterate through the index
and retrieve all the documents?

Thanks anyone...

regards,

maurits.

Posted by Peter Carlson <ca...@bookandhammer.com>.
Here is a code snippet of how to do it.
Note: this will return deleted documents too.

             IndexReader ir = IndexReader.open(indexPath);
             int maxDocs = ir.maxDocs();
             //Object[]
             dates = new String[maxDocs];
             for (int i=0; i<maxDocs; i++) {
                 dates[i] = ir.document(i).get("pubDate");
             }

--Peter