Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by SophieKlusn <sa...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/30 21:29:14 UTC

Tomcat Administration

Hi,

Need help from someone. I've downloaded and installed admin package for
Tomcat 5.5.20. However, I still see this message:
Tomcat's administration web application is no longer installed by default.
Download and install the "admin" package to use it.

I came across several posts where people had had similar problems. However,
clearing cache/reloading page etc. had helped them. Not for me though. I
even restarted my machine but it just wouldn't work. I have no clue from
where the error page is being served cause I deleted the admin directory
from webapps/ROOT folder. This is spooky! Please help!

RE: Tomcat Administration

Posted by SophieKlusn <sa...@gmail.com>.
Found it in some location in netbeans installation. I deleted the file. I
still see the same message. Now neither MS or google desktop search lead to
any results, I still see the same message when I visit the administration
page. This is a nightmare!

RE: Tomcat Administration

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: SophieKlusn [mailto:saketkaushik@gmail.com]
> Subject: RE: Tomcat Administration
>
> The contents of admin.xml are as follows:

That all looks reasonable.

> I am still confounded with where the error page is
> being served from.

Might be time for a full search of your system for the admin message.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

RE: Tomcat Administration

Posted by SophieKlusn <sa...@gmail.com>.
Chuck,

Thanks again,

The contents of admin.xml are as follows:

<!--

    Context configuration file for the Tomcat Administration Web App

    $Id: admin.xml 303123 2004-08-26 17:03:35Z remm $

-->

<Context docBase="${catalina.home}/server/webapps/admin" privileged="true"
         antiResourceLocking="false" antiJARLocking="false">

  <!-- Uncomment this Valve to limit access to the Admin app to localhost
   for obvious security reasons. Allow may be a comma-separated list of
   hosts (or even regular expressions).-->
  <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteAddrValve"
    allow="127.0.0.1"/>

</Context>

I don't think it is a files permission issue. I have given tomcat user the
role of admin as well. I am still confounded with where the error page is
being served from. I really appreciate your help.

Thanks so much,
Sophie

RE: Tomcat Administration

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

RE: Tomcat Administration

Posted by SophieKlusn <sa...@gmail.com>.
Dear Charles,

Thanks so much for your help. Yes, I did make sure that I emptied the
browser cache (both IE and Firefox).  And yes, I restart the same tomcat
instance where I deleted the webapps/ROOT/admin folder. I don't know what
you mean by multiple <Host> elements. In conf/catalina/ I have localhost
where admin.xml file was copied to. I did not change anything to host
appbase. (There were no such instructions in the install). Can you please
tell me what is to be done here?

Thanks,
Sophie

RE: Tomcat Administration