Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by lhicks <lh...@eduarmor.com> on 2016/09/05 22:23:34 UTC

Heard you guys could use a hand

Hi there,
My name is Logan Hicks, President of Eduarmor Inc.
I heard you guys were struggling with OpenOffice, and we might have a solution.
We currently run a program called PANDA, which stands for platform accessibility and development acceleration, and is targeted towards rapid development and accessibility to open source developers and open source projects.
We are a major champion of open source projects, and pour resources into sustaining open source projects that are struggling.
We understand you have a personnel deficiency for your project,  and we have access to over 14,000 people who could easily fill that gap.
Who should we talk to to discuss this further?
As a user of OpenOffice myself, I would hate to see if fade, gracefully or otherwise.
Respectfully,
Logan Hicks, aka Fallenour

Re: Heard you guys could use a hand

Posted by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>.
On 9/5/2016 3:23 PM, lhicks wrote:

> Hi there,
> My name is Logan Hicks, President of Eduarmor Inc.
> I heard you guys were struggling with OpenOffice, and we might have a solution.
> We currently run a program called PANDA, which stands for platform accessibility and development acceleration, and is targeted towards rapid development and accessibility to open source developers and open source projects.
> We are a major champion of open source projects, and pour resources into sustaining open source projects that are struggling.
> We understand you have a personnel deficiency for your project,  and we have access to over 14,000 people who could easily fill that gap.
> Who should we talk to to discuss this further?
> As a user of OpenOffice myself, I would hate to see if fade, gracefully or otherwise.
> Respectfully,
> Logan Hicks, aka Fallenour

I believe the main need is for individual volunteer developers. We now
have a mailing list, recruitment@openoffice.apache.org, for volunteers
to join to introduce themselves and get help finding where they fit in.
Please pass that on to anyone in your network who might be interested.