Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by Roberto Bucher <ro...@supsi.ch> on 2022/03/01 11:34:07 UTC

SPI on STM32F746RE (nucleo-144)

Hi

I'm trying to get the SPI working on the nucleo-144:f746 board, but I
can't see the /dev/spi on the generated binary... This means that the
SPI on this card is not (yet) implemented?

Thanks in advance

Roberto

Re: SPI on STM32F746RE (nucleo-144)

Posted by Alan Carvalho de Assis <ac...@gmail.com>.
Hi Roberto,

Normally NuttX doesn't create /dev/spi or /dev/i2c for these buses,
you need to enable the option to create the char device file; In the
SPI case you need to enable this option:

[ ]   SPI character driver

Also you need to make sure that in your board initialization files the
function spi_register() is called to register the spi device file.

BR,

Alan