Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by satya <sa...@comcast.net> on 2015/12/01 14:31:25 UTC

Re: Cache refresh from persistent store question

Hi Val,
I realize this is not a trivial task but here are a couple of ideas.

1. Triggers that run an offline task outside of the database processes
(perhaps an ignite instance) that sync the cache. Depending on the database,
we could auto-generate the DDL for defining the trigger making it easier for
the user.

2. Every database has a log file that includes all table changes can be
parsed. I know ignite has a powerful engine that can parse files and update
caches.

Thank you,
Satya

Re: Cache refresh from persistent store question

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi Satya,

The main problem here is that Ignite is completely abstracted from the
persistence store by CacheStore interface. It can be any storage -
relational database, disk based key-value storage, MongoDB, HDFS, etc... The
implementation of such trigger will be different for different stores, and
even for different relational databases, so it needs to be somehow
abstracted as well. If you have any ideas how to properly design this, feel
free to create a Jira ticket and share your thoughts.

-Val