Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Wim Deblauwe <wi...@gmail.com> on 2005/05/25 16:04:30 UTC

Is there a tool to graphically see the dependencies between modules?

Hi,

I have a lot of modules that depend on each other in one way or
another. Is there a tool in Maven to make the dependencies visible
(preferably in a graphical way)?

regards,

Wim

Re: Is there a tool to graphically see the dependencies between modules?

Posted by Wim Deblauwe <wi...@gmail.com>.
Could you please put your plugin somewhere? I would really like to test it.

regards,

Wim

Posted by Alex Soto <ap...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wim Deblauwe <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On Wed, 2005-05-25 at 16:04 +0200, Wim Deblauwe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a lot of modules that depend on each other in one way or
> another. Is there a tool in Maven to make the dependencies visible
> (preferably in a graphical way)?

These are old pictures and have some quirks, but something like these:

http://www.codehaus.org/~jvanzyl/pom-moen.png

http://www.codehaus.org/~jvanzyl/pom-sugiyama.png

I have played on and off with various tools and I've started playing
with Jung:

http://jung.sourceforge.net/

I can throw my prototype somewhere if you want to look at it?

I feel that visualization of dependency graphs will be essential.

> regards,
>
> Wim

jvz.

Jason van Zyl