Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by Anri Lau <an...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/08 19:26:22 UTC

Validation and schema check conflict

Hi all

I have two requirements for XML validation:  the schema check and digital
signature validation.
At first, only the signature validation is validated using libraries
security-xml and xerces-c both. And xml signature pass the verify();

Later I add the schema check for xml, now only the DSignature's
verifySignatureOnly() pass but verify() did not passed!

Is there conflict between the schema check and signature validation? How
should i perform both check, using xerces-c and security-xml?

Anyone can give me an advice?

--
Best regards to you and your family

RE: Validation and schema check conflict

Posted by Scott Cantor <ca...@osu.edu>.
> Is there conflict between the schema check and signature validation? How
> should i perform both check, using xerces-c and security-xml?

Some parsers require that you disable schema type normalization when you
validate to avoid corrupting the DOM. That's the most common cause of
problems like this. I don't believe the latest Xerces-C requires that
however, so if you're on 2.8, then it's something else that you're doing.

-- Scott

Re: Validation and schema check conflict

Posted by Anri Lau <an...@gmail.com>.
Thank you, Scott.

In fact, the parser used here is xerces-c 2.8 and After parsing,  the
signature validation is performed. And DOM is not handled. XML-Security
version is xml-security-c-1.3.1.

Could anyone give me any suggestion to fix it?

--
Best regards to you and your family