Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/02 16:55:26 UTC

Re: [t5.3.1] Tapestry encodes
to "<br />"

Wow .. the  component templates page has gotten pretty huge.  I think
it should be broken up into multiple pages, using the {scrollbar}
macro.

On a related note; I've thought about creating a separate JIRA just
for documentation bugs.  Why seperate? To reflect the fact that
documentation bugs are immediate and not tied to a release schedule.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: [t5.3.1] Tapestry encodes
to "<br />"

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>.
The CMS can be extended with either custom pre-processors that kick in
before the markdown compilation or we can write a new markdown element
that mimicks the scrollbar macro's behaviour.

Uli

Re: [t5.3.1] Tapestry encodes
to "<br />"

Posted by Bob Harner <bo...@gmail.com>.
We already have a separate documentation "component" within the TAP5
"project" in JIRA. I like it that way and wouldn't want to have the
documentation in a separate Tapestry documentation "project", if
that's what you have in mind. We already have "Tapestry" and "Tapestry
5" projects, and that's already too many for my tastes. I think
creating a 3rd one for documentation will cause more problems than it
solves.

By the way, the {scrollbar} macro is one the many things that we'll
probably lose when we go to the Apache CMS :-(

On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 10:55 AM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Wow .. the  component templates page has gotten pretty huge.  I think
> it should be broken up into multiple pages, using the {scrollbar}
> macro.
>
> On a related note; I've thought about creating a separate JIRA just
> for documentation bugs.  Why seperate? To reflect the fact that
> documentation bugs are immediate and not tied to a release schedule.
>
> On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 12:40 AM, Muhammad Gelbana <m....@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Yea when I started searching for a solution I looked into the "Component
>> templates" page for a solution  I think your choice to add it to the
>> Expansions section is the best I can think of.
>>
>> Thank you for the follow up.
>>
>> On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 3:52 AM, Bob Harner <bo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> You're right, more documentation is needed for this.
>>>
>>> I'm updating the "Expansions" section of
>>> http://tapestry.apache.org/component-templates.html now. Is there
>>> anywhere else you think this information should go? (Where do you
>>> think it would have been the most helpful for you to find it?)

>>> http://tapestry.apache.org/current/apidocs/org/apache/tapestry5/corelib/components/OutputRaw.html

>> --
>> *Regards,*
>> *Muhammad Gelbana
>> Java Developer*
>

> --
> Howard M. Lewis Ship
>
> Creator of Apache Tapestry

> (971) 678-5210
> http://howardlewisship.com

Re: [t5.3.1] Tapestry encodes
to "<br />"

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
On my endless TODO is to learn JIRA enough to customize it to our
needs ... for instance, to only allow a fix release when closing an
issue, etc.

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210