Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Jason Rosenberg <jr...@shopzilla.com> on 2008/02/07 07:28:50 UTC

Re: ActiveMQ failover url problems

I think the uri parsing doesn't like nested '?'s....Probably a bug?

But, if you have '?' inside the parens, then you can't use one outside the
parens...

So, you might have:

failover:(tcp://myserver?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=0)&maxReconnectDelay=1000

Jason

Posted by ttmdev <jo...@ttmsolutions.com>.
I am using the 5.1 SNAPSHOT and this failover uri works for me.

failover://(tcp://localhost:61616?wireFormat.cacheEnabled=false&wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=0&wireFormat.tightEncodingEnabled=true)?maxReconnectDelay=1000

Jason Rosenberg wrote:

> I think the uri parsing doesn't like nested '?'s....Probably a bug?
>
> But, if you have '?' inside the parens, then you can't use one outside the
> parens...
>
> So, you might have:
>
> failover:(tcp://myserver?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=0)&maxReconnectDelay=1000
>
> Jason
>

> ramj2ee wrote:
>>
>> If I use failover url without wireformat parameters it is working fine
>> and reconnecting on server restart.
>> If I use failover url with wireformat parameters then it is not
>> reconnecting.
>> Whenever I stoped the server it automatically comming out without giving
>> any exception
>> here is my code, can any one suggest what changes I needed to make for
>> failover url to work with parameters?
>>
>> try
>>         {
>>             ActiveMQConnectionFactory connectionFactory = new
>> ActiveMQConnectionFactory(new URI("failover://(" +
>> ActiveMQConnection.DEFAULT_BROKER_URL
>> +"?wireFormat.cacheEnabled=false&wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=0&wireFormat.tightEncodingEnabled=true)?maxReconnectDelay=1000"));
>>             connectionFactory.setCopyMessageOnSend(false);
>>             connectionFactory.setUseCompression(true);
>>
>>             connection = connectionFactory.createConnection();
>>             if (clientId != null && clientId.length()>0 &&
>> !"null".equals(clientId) ) {
>>                 connection.setClientID(clientId);
>>             }
>>             connection.start();
>>             Session session = connection.createSession(true,
>> Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
>>             Queue queue =
>> session.createQueue("productfeed.productEvents");
>>             MessageConsumer consumer = session.createConsumer(queue);
>>             consumer.setMessageListener(new
>> ProductEventsListener(session));
>>         }
>>         catch(JMSException e)
>>         {
>>             logger.error(e, e);
>>         }
>>         catch (Exception e) {
>>                 logger.error("error is " + e, e);
>>             }
>>
>> here I am getting message on ProductEventsListener implements
>> MessageListner on onMessage(message) method

-----
Joe
www.ttmsolutions.com