Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Scott walent <sc...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/08 23:12:34 UTC

Spark in Production - Use Cases

Spark Summit East is just 10 days away and we are almost sold out! One of
the highlights this year will focus on how Spark is being used across
businesses to solve both big and small data needs. Check out the full
agenda here: https://spark-summit.org/east-2016/schedule/

Use "ApacheList" for 30% off at registration.

We wanted to highlight a few talks, including keynotes from:
- Chris D'Agostino: Vice President Digital and US Card Servicing Technology
and Engineering at Capital One
- Matei Zaharia:CTO and Co-founder from Databricks
- Seshu Adunuthula: Head of Analytics Infrastructure at eBay

The keynotes are just the start of the summit. The community submitted over
200 talks and we narrowed it down to 60 to be presented in NYC. Here is
just a sampling:
- Top 5 Mistakes When Writing Spark Applications from Cloudera
- Structuring Spark: DataFrames, Datasets, and Streaming from Databricks
- TopNotch: Systematically Quality Controlling Big Data from BlackRock
- Distributed Time Travel for Feature Generation by Netflix

This will be our only summit on the east coast this year, register today to
guarantee a seat! https://spark-summit.org/east-2016/