Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@basistech.com> on 2007/09/20 21:45:40 UTC

MSV library

I had an idea for how to get Aegis validation: Woodstox has RelaxNG
validation, and Sun has a converted from XSD to RNG.

Only one little problem: Woodstox expects you to add the MSV library to
your app to get RNG validation.

MSV comes with a ASF 1.0 license, dated 2000.

Anyone have an appetite for this idea, or is this just too much nonsense
just to get more diagnosis of badly-typed .aegis.xml files?

Re: MSV library

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Thursday 20 September 2007, Benson Margulies wrote:
> I completely agree. It was 'plan a' in my thoughts, and then I
> stumbled onto that RelaxNG 'plan b'.
>
> I'd like to at least observe the errors from the two different
> validators before I decide, and to do that I have to persuade mvn to
> actually put msv into the classpath.

I think just add:
        <dependency>
            <groupId>msv</groupId>
            <artifactId>msv</artifactId>
            <version>20050913</version>
        </dependency>
providing that's the correct version of MSV.   If you DO go the MSV
route, let me know and I'll help you get the NOTICE file stuff squared
away for it.    (I should document that on the wiki)

Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer