Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by hasalex <al...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/23 18:25:20 UTC

WebSocket with embedded ActiveMQ

Hi everybody,

I'm giving a try to TomEE which is embedding ActiveMQ. It's working fine
with JMS, MQTT and WebSocket.

For the WebSocket support I have to add some Jetty files and I find it ugly
to add those Jetty files into  Tomcat.

So my question : is it the only way to add WebSocket support to the
messaging module or is it an other way to do it, without the jetty files ?

Alexis

Re: WebSocket with embedded ActiveMQ

Posted by hasalex <al...@gmail.com>.
I've added the following files : jetty-server.jar, jetty-servlet.jar and
jetty-websocket.jar.

It's working fine, but tomcat has a built-in servlet and WebSocket support,
it hurts me to add the same jar files from jetty.

Probably not a real problem, just something stange.

Re: WebSocket with embedded ActiveMQ

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
What files do you have to add?
ActiveMQ websocket support is provided using the underlying jetty
implementation.

On Mon, Dec 23, 2013 at 10:25 AM, hasalex <al...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm giving a try to TomEE which is embedding ActiveMQ. It's working fine
> with JMS, MQTT and WebSocket.
>
> For the WebSocket support I have to add some Jetty files and I find it ugly
> to add those Jetty files into  Tomcat.
>
> So my question : is it the only way to add WebSocket support to the
> messaging module or is it an other way to do it, without the jetty files ?
>
> Alexis

Christian Posta
http://www.christianposta.com/blog
twitter: @christianposta