Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Karen <ke...@bigpond.com> on 2001/06/14 14:01:07 UTC

Dreamweaver and Struts 1.0 - updated translator now available..

Hi Everyone,

Recently I downloaded from husted.com an old Dreamweaver translator for Struts 0.5 to use in coding my Struts 1.0 JSPs, however I've had a lot of problems with it...

I've since converted this to support most 1.0 HTML tags, and have been using it fairly successfully in conjunction with a JSP include extension found on the dreamweaver site.

If anyone is interested in a copy of this I'm happy to provide - please email me on don.elliott@i4-talent.com and I'll send the translator + instructions via return email...

Regards,
Don Elliott
www.i4-talent.com
Melbourne, Australia

FYI - the translator basically converts Struts HTML tags into normal html tags so that the design view of Dreamweaver will show you what the page looks like - without this, the page just looks like a bunch of little squares that represent ASP / JSP code.

I've spent quite a bit of time commenting the code so it should be easy to add the tags I already haven't.  The few known issues are as follows:

- dreamweaver goes bananas when it finds a Struts tag that has been commented out and replaces it with a bunch of <MM:taglock> ... junk in your source file (be careful of commented out tags !! By commented out, I mean within <% /* ... */ %>
or <% // ... %> comments, or event <!-- ... --> tags.
- doesn't support any iteration tags, however if these are coded nicely will ignore these which makes little difference to the way your screen looks.

Re: help wanted : lock mechanism in JSP/servlet

Posted by David Winterfeldt <dw...@yahoo.com>.
You set up a listener for a session to end and then do
something.  I did this in Tomcat 3.1, but there was a
bug and if the user just closed the browser the event
didn't occur (if they clicked on my logout action,
then it worked (session.invalidate())).  So I also
made a thread that checked every so often and after a
certain amount of time I removed the lock.

David

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

help wanted : lock mechanism in JSP/servlet

Re: Dreamweaver and Struts 1.0 - updated translator now available..

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
Hey, send me a copy and I'll post it with the old version.

I really need to get back to this myself. Hand coding is fun, but in
real life most people need GUIs.

If more people have submissions along these lines, we can start a
DreamWeaver page.

This is a very important area, and a real proof-of-concept for custom
tags.

-- Tel 716 737-3463.
-- http://www.husted.com/about/struts/

Posted by Ned Seagoon <th...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Don,

I'd be very interested to see this - we currently use a bunch of custom icons for displaying this inside DW... clunky but it works...

Cheers
Ned