Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Andrey Kornev <an...@hotmail.com> on 2016/06/26 22:16:34 UTC

LOCAL cache

Hello,

It appears that a LOCAL cache gets created on all cluster nodes despite it being LOCAL. In other words, a call to Ignite.getOrCreateCache(...) results in the cache started on all nodes:

3871 [exchange-worker-#74%Node1%] INFO GridCacheProcessor - Started cache [name=myCache, mode=LOCAL]
3871 [exchange-worker-#33%Node0%] INFO GridCacheProcessor - Started cache [name=myCache, mode=LOCAL]

Why? I find it counter intuitive, and rather redundant - I don't want the creation of a LOCAL cache on a one node to result in the same cache getting created on all other cluster nodes. I really think that creation of a LOCAL cache should be a node local operation. Each node will create its own LOCAL cache instance when it needs it.

Can anyone shed some light on the rationale behind such design?

Thanks

Andrey

Re: LOCAL cache

Posted by Valentin Kulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andrey,

It seems to me that LOCAL cache simply doesn't have any special handling
here and therefore works in the same way as distributed caches do. I tend
to agree that this is incorrect, can you please create a ticket?

-Val