Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org> on 2019/01/07 10:43:05 UTC

About JPA spec compliance

Hi all,
a recent conversation on Twitter [1] with Oliver Drotbohm, Spring Data
project lead, highlighted the need to clarify what is the JPA spec level
implemented by the various OpenJPA releases; for such a purpose, [2] was
opened.

I personally believe it is quite important to timely react, and I also
offer my availability to align the various docs, if no one else steps
in; for such a purpose, however, I would really appreciate some kind of
draft statements like as follows:

* OpenJPA 2.x - fully implements JPA 2.0 specs, pass JPA TCK
* OpenJPA 3.0.0 - depends on JPA 2.1 specs, JPA TCK not available at
release time - missing JPA 2.1 features: A,B,C...
* OpenJPA 3.0.1 - not released yet, depends on JPA 2.2 specs, JPA TCK
compliance not yet verified - missing JPA 2.2 features: D,E,F...

WDYT?
Regards.

[1] https://twitter.com/odrotbohm/status/1081713555290972160
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-2765

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Re: About JPA spec compliance

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
works for me, i wouldnt highlight what's missing cause it kind of hides
what is in when both are done in the same place IMHO but no very strong
blocker on that

Romain Manni-Bucau

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
Hi all,

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Not sure I have the full vision but think we have a partial support of JPA
DDL (
https://github.com/apache/openjpa/commit/af8ea38f87a778401ca1c679f7087d3a0d5a52cc)
and the stored procedure support but not sure we have much more except
trivial things like result stream support (through getResultList().stream()
and not cursors)

Romain Manni-Bucau

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.