Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Vjeran Marcinko <vj...@tis.hr> on 2005/04/08 08:48:23 UTC

ThreadLocal way to set attachments?

Hi folks.

In my client application, I'm using wsdl-generated axis client stub as
thread-safe singleton that performs requests to some remote web service.
Client stub is instantiated as:
SendMessageServiceLocator sendMessageServiceLocator = new
SendMessageServiceLocator();
SendMessagePort sendMessagePort =
sendMessageServiceLocator.getSendMessagePort(new
URL(http://someaddress.com));

My code sees only business interface (SendMessagePort ) of this stub, and
everythings fine.
Problem is that some methods on this interface need attachments set, but
since attachments are not expressed as part of interface, in other words,
not as arguments in this interface methods, I guess there has to be some
ThreadLocal way to set this attachments, thus Axis logic inside this stub
would fetch it from ThreadLocal, and set it as part of call ?

-Vjeran