Posted to dev@datasketches.apache.org by leerho <le...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/23 00:24:23 UTC

Re: Hacktoberfest 2019

Furkan,

Sorry about my delayed response on this.  This Hacktoberfest concept is
interesting, but I find it a bit scary.

Our project is rather specialized in the skills required to actually
contribute meaningful and quality PRs.
But one of the things that really put me off was they wanted access to my
GitHub account.
I'm not comfortable with that.

kind regards,

Lee.

Re: Hacktoberfest 2019

Posted by leerho <le...@gmail.com>.
A contrib directory might make some sense.  I’ll have to think about how to
structure it.

On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 6:26 AM Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org> wrote:

> One possible way is to let people hack on tools around core DataSketches
> to make it easy to use or come-up with some new project that has
> DataSketches as it's core. Many projects put something not really sure for
> long-term maintenance into contrib dir and then let the time tell. I think
> this can attract more contributors.
>
> leerho <le...@gmail.com> 於 2019年10月23日 週三 上午8:31寫道:
>
>> Furkan,
>>
>> Sorry about my delayed response on this.  This Hacktoberfest concept is
>> interesting, but I find it a bit scary.
>>
>> Our project is rather specialized in the skills required to actually
>> contribute meaningful and quality PRs.
>> But one of the things that really put me off was they wanted access to my
>> GitHub account.
>> I'm not comfortable with that.
>>
>> kind regards,
>>
>> Lee.
>>
>> On Fri, Sep 27, 2019 at 11:59 AM Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > There is an event named as Hacktoberfest
>> > https://hacktoberfest.digitalocean.com/
>> >
>> > You may consider targeting this event to attract more new committers for
>> > the project.
>> >
>> > Kind Regards,
>> > Furkan KAMACI
>> >

> --