Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Nicky Sandhu <ni...@hotmail.com> on 2007/06/21 20:31:45 UTC

Component for JDBC

Any plans on adding a component to support jdbc driven access to relational
databases? I am not even sure how to go about supporting all the jdbc
drivers other than embedding their driver specific URIs within a jdbc:// URI
?

Re: Component for JDBC

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 6/21/07, Nicky Sandhu <ni...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Any plans on adding a component to support jdbc driven access to relational
> databases? I am not even sure how to go about supporting all the jdbc
> drivers other than embedding their driver specific URIs within a jdbc:// URI
> ?

We've got a JPA component for doing queries/inserts/updates/deletes of
databases; kinda using a table as a kinda queue etc...

http://activemq.apache.org/camel/jpa.html

The JPA hides the lower level JDBC driver stuff. Though am sure we
could create a lower level JDBC component as well. We welcome patches
BTW if you fancy having a crack at a component that suits your
requirements :)
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/contributing.html

--
James