Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by Remus Stratulat <rs...@interakt.ro> on 2002/07/09 10:56:45 UTC

cookies

Will be a version with support for multiple cookies and cookie handling?

Right now in SOAPHTTPConnection the responseHeaders can hold only the
last cookie that was set (due to the fact that it's a Hashtable). I know
that the SOAP's main goal is not session maintaining but I'm confronting
with this problem. Along with this, an interface for accessing the
cookieHeader and cookieHeader2 is necessary as some of us need to work
with the cookies. Right now I will deal with this on my own as I can but
out there might be others that don't have the time or will to modify
your source code.

Best regards,
Remus Stratulat

--
/**
* Remus Stratulat - KrysalIDE maintainer

Able to send object to .NET service but the member values are still set to null.

Posted by Indrasish N Basuroychowdhury <in...@fanniemae.com>.
Able to send object to .NET service but the member values are still set to null.

To elaborate, the .NET service is receiving the object as a parameter to one of
its method but the values of the individual members are not copied. They are
still set to null.
Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Indrasish.

Able to send object to .NET service but the member values are still set to null.

Re: cookies

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
I misread the Netscape spec.  The semicolons are separating attributes from
one another (just like the RFCs), not cookies from one another.  Further, a
quick look at some servers I have available shows that Expires is commonly
used.  So much for IETF standards!  I will add proper handling of this comma
to the CVS code shortly.

Thanks.

Scott Nichol

Re: cookies

Re: cookies

Re: cookies

Re: cookies

Posted by Remus Stratulat <rs...@interakt.ro>.
On Tue, 2002-07-09 at 18:59, Scott Nichol wrote:
> > Ok, I got it. Thank you. But still no access to them. Some getters and
> > setters for cookies and cookies2 would be nice.
>
> Good idea.  I'll throw that in today.
>
> > And by the way, why don't you make some of the fields and methods
> > protected so one can easily extend from your classes. Now I have to
> > rewrite the entire class or modify the sources directly.
>
> It's hard to be perfect in anticipating where everyone will want to extend
> the class hierarchies.

You are right.

> I think the code usually tries to err on the side of
> added "safety", so private is much more common than protected.  There would
> probably be more use of protected if Java had borrowed the C++ meaning of
> the modifier, rather than opening protected up to the whole package.
>
> So, the approach generally taken is to change the modifier from private to
> protected during a refactoring that makes it necessary.  If it would benefit
> you to have some particular method(s) changed so you can subclass, post it
> to the list.  Better yet, post your extension to the list as a patch so that
> we can all benefit from your work.

At this point no one would benefit from my work as I've done an work
around in SOPAHTTPConnection and HTTPUtils so I can get access to all
the cookies. With the latest updates from you this changes are of no
use.

Thanks again for your feedback and understanding.

Remus Stratulat

> Scott Nichol
>

> > Best regards,
> > Remus Stratulat
> >

> > On Tue, 2002-07-09 at 16:10, Scott Nichol wrote:
> > > What you say is true of the latest release, but the current source,
> > > available through the nightly distribution or CVS tree, supports
> multiple
> > > cookies.
> > >
> > > Scott Nichol

/**

Re: cookies

Re: cookies

Posted by Remus Stratulat <rs...@interakt.ro>.
On Tue, 2002-07-09 at 18:59, Scott Nichol wrote:
> > Ok, I got it. Thank you. But still no access to them. Some getters and
> > setters for cookies and cookies2 would be nice.
>
> Good idea.  I'll throw that in today.
>
> > And by the way, why don't you make some of the fields and methods
> > protected so one can easily extend from your classes. Now I have to
> > rewrite the entire class or modify the sources directly.
>
> It's hard to be perfect in anticipating where everyone will want to extend
> the class hierarchies.

You are right.

> I think the code usually tries to err on the side of
> added "safety", so private is much more common than protected.  There would
> probably be more use of protected if Java had borrowed the C++ meaning of
> the modifier, rather than opening protected up to the whole package.
>
> So, the approach generally taken is to change the modifier from private to
> protected during a refactoring that makes it necessary.  If it would benefit
> you to have some particular method(s) changed so you can subclass, post it
> to the list.  Better yet, post your extension to the list as a patch so that
> we can all benefit from your work.

At this point no one would benefit from my work as I've done an work
around in SOPAHTTPConnection and HTTPUtils so I can get access to all
the cookies. With the latest updates from you this changes are of no
use.

Thanks again for your feedback and understanding.

Remus Stratulat

> Scott Nichol
>

> > Best regards,
> > Remus Stratulat
> >

> > On Tue, 2002-07-09 at 16:10, Scott Nichol wrote:
> > > What you say is true of the latest release, but the current source,
> > > available through the nightly distribution or CVS tree, supports
> multiple
> > > cookies.
> > >
> > > Scott Nichol

/**

Re: cookies

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
> Ok, I got it. Thank you. But still no access to them. Some getters and
> setters for cookies and cookies2 would be nice.

Good idea.  I'll throw that in today.

> And by the way, why don't you make some of the fields and methods
> protected so one can easily extend from your classes. Now I have to
> rewrite the entire class or modify the sources directly.

It's hard to be perfect in anticipating where everyone will want to extend
the class hierarchies.  I think the code usually tries to err on the side of

Re: cookies

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.

Re: cookies

Posted by Remus Stratulat <rs...@interakt.ro>.
Ok, I got it. Thank you. But still no access to them. Some getters and
setters for cookies and cookies2 would be nice.

And by the way, why don't you make some of the fields and methods
protected so one can easily extend from your classes. Now I have to
rewrite the entire class or modify the sources directly.

Best regards,
Remus Stratulat

On Tue, 2002-07-09 at 16:10, Scott Nichol wrote:
> What you say is true of the latest release, but the current source,
> available through the nightly distribution or CVS tree, supports multiple
> cookies.
>
> Scott Nichol

/**

Re: cookies

Posted by Remus Stratulat <rs...@interakt.ro>.
Ok, I got it. Thank you. But still no access to them. Some getters and
setters for cookies and cookies2 would be nice.

And by the way, why don't you make some of the fields and methods
protected so one can easily extend from your classes. Now I have to
rewrite the entire class or modify the sources directly.

Best regards,
Remus Stratulat

On Tue, 2002-07-09 at 16:10, Scott Nichol wrote:
> What you say is true of the latest release, but the current source,
> available through the nightly distribution or CVS tree, supports multiple
> cookies.
>
> Scott Nichol

/**

Re: cookies