Posted to user@synapse.apache.org by David Purcell <Da...@csu.mnscu.edu> on 2008/01/15 21:13:04 UTC

expression to get values from soap:header

Hello,

I'm setting some custom child elements in the soap:header of a request, and wanted to pull them down for logging in a synapse log or dbreport mediator.  But I'm not sure how to craft the expression.  It seems like the soap:body payload is accessible via expressions (that works fine), but not soap:header values.

Any hints would be appreciated.

Thanks,

David

===============================
David Purcell
Systems Architect
MN State Colleges and Universities
david.purcell@csu.mnscu.edu

Re: expression to get values from soap:header

Posted by Upul Godage <up...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

You can get the headers for example in the log mediator like this,

            <log level="custom">
                <property xmlns:s11="
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
                      xmlns:s12="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope"
                      name="headers" expression="s11:Header/* |
s12:Header/*"/>
            </log>

Here the expression is written to get both headers in SOAP 1.1 and
1.2envelopes. You can change the XPath expression to get a specific
header
element.

Hope this helps.

Upul