Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by allan juul <la...@inet.uni2.dk> on 2004/08/12 23:41:34 UTC

[OT] printing docs on perl.apache.org

hello

we'd like the pages on perl.apache.org to print prettier while the screen
rendering should look as always, so we made a few changes that hopefully didn't
mess anything up.

we have only semi-tested this "feature" and would like a broader
browser/platform matrix experience before commiting the change

please try this URL

  http://www.bullitt.suite.dk/dst_html/

and verify that:

    1) the screen rendering is as good as the corresponding page on
perl.apache.org

    2) printing a page (or print previewing a page) from your browser looks
simple and contain only the relevant documentation (no menus, logos etc.)

please email any feedback to

  lambretta at inet.uni2.dk

thanks
./allan

Re: [OT] printing docs on perl.apache.org

Posted by "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org>.
Stas Bekman wrote:

> allan juul wrote:
>
>> hello
>>
>> we'd like the pages on perl.apache.org to print prettier while the
>> screen rendering should look as always, so we made a few changes that
>> hopefully didn't mess anything up.
>>
>> we have only semi-tested this "feature" and would like a broader
>> browser/platform matrix experience before commiting the change
>>
>> please try this URL     http://www.bullitt.suite.dk/dst_html/
>>
>> and verify that:
>>         1) the screen rendering is as good as the corresponding page
>> on perl.apache.org         2) printing a page (or print previewing a
>> page) from your browser looks simple and contain only the relevant
>> documentation (no menus, logos etc.)
>

> Looks great on linux, tried: mozilla, lynx and links

Looks great on firefox too!

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.