Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Hafiz Mujadid <ha...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/08 20:17:14 UTC

Column level security in phoenix hbase

Hi all!

How can we use cell level security feature of hbase using apache phoenix. I
am using phoenix to interact with hbase and want to perform ACLs on hbase
data. How can i achieve this?

thanks

Re: Column level security in phoenix hbase

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.
Depending on what you need this is something we've talked about implementing but haven't done so yet.

The subject line of your mail says column level security but in the body of your mail you mention cell level security instead. Which do you mean? Or both? They are distinct mechanisms. It would be easier to support column level security than cell level security.