Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Ramamurthy, Manochitra" <MR...@intevaproducts.com> on 2017/07/05 12:57:03 UTC

RE: Facing issues in Enable editing log messages.

Hi Eric,

Can you please help me to resolve this issue ?

Thanks,
Mano
Applications Administrator
Posted by "Ramamurthy, Manochitra" <MR...@intevaproducts.com>.
Hi David,

What he means is that the Subversion account is unrelated to your Windows account.  In effect it is on another machine.  In fact, nothing requires the Subversion account have the same username or password as your Windows account.  What you need to do is obtain the Subversion account password from your repository administrator.  Then use that password whenever you need to perform a Subversion action.

Yes, you are correct Subversion account is unrelated to Windows account and “csvn” account is not a windows one. It is subversion admin account.

As you said this “csvn” account is created by repository administrator.

Posted by David Chapman <dc...@acm.org>.
On 7/6/2017 10:22 PM, Ramamurthy, Manochitra wrote:

> [...]

    Hi Brane,

    I’m not sure how to process this issue. I mean I’m unable to guess
    anything.

    Thanks,

    *Mano*

    Applications Administrator

    Office : (+91) 8046552670

    Mobile : (+91) 9786931882

What he means is that the Subversion account is unrelated to your
Windows account.  In effect it is on another machine.  In fact, nothing
requires the Subversion account have the same username or password as
your Windows account.  What you need to do is obtain the Subversion
account password from your repository administrator.  Then use that
password whenever you need to perform a Subversion action.

By the way, please don't top-post - it makes the conversation hard to
follow.

--
     David Chapman      dcchapman@acm.org
     Chapman Consulting -- San Jose, CA

RE: Facing issues in Enable editing log messages.

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Ramamurthy, Manochitra" <MR...@intevaproducts.com>.
Hi Brane,

Yes. I can use csvn password and it is working. I checked to login with csvn account.

then most likely there's a problem with the Apache server configuration – I doubt so. But, I don’t know how to check as I joined this organisation recently and I need to understand the configurations.

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Ramamurthy, Manochitra" <MR...@intevaproducts.com>.
Hi Brane,

Well I can't help you with that, your server admins have to fix it. – I approached admins here to reset password.

Your command is correct. – Okay. But I can’t understand what else is blocking me to execute the command. I have checked with admins here, even they have no idea.

You must have confused this mailing list with some paid support site. We're all volunteers here. – Sure.

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Ramamurthy, Manochitra" <MR...@intevaproducts.com>.
Hi Brane,

I have explained below, what am I trying to do and the errors.

On 05.07.2017 14:57, Ramamurthy, Manochitra wrote:
Hi Eric,

Can you please help me to resolve this issue ?

Which part of my answer from a week ago did you not understand?

-- Brane

Re: Facing issues in Enable editing log messages.

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.