Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Timo Scheuer <ti...@dfki.de> on 2006/08/03 14:15:17 UTC

configuration property fetcher.store.content

Hi,

I am not sure what setting the property "fetcher.store.content" to false
means. Is the only consequence that there there is no cached page data
available which can be accessed from search results or does this property
play an important role at any other stage in overal index and search process?

If no cached data has to be shown to users from search results this option can
save a lot of disk space.

Cheers,
Timo.

Re: configuration property fetcher.store.content

Posted by Marko Bauhardt <mb...@media-style.com>.
Am 03.08.2006 um 14:15 schrieb Timo Scheuer:

> I am not sure what setting the property "fetcher.store.content" to
> false
> means. Is the only consequence that there there is no cached page data
> available

Yes, this property means that the binary content are (not)  stored.
The disadvantage, if you do not store the content,  is that you can
not re-parse your segment.

Marko