Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/10 22:01:52 UTC

Jetty plugin can be used to run the myfaces examples

Hi there,

I have just modified the examples base pom so now it is possible to
run the examples directly using the maven jetty plugin.
It is possible now too to choose whether to use myfaces or the ri for
the war file generated. If no profile is used, the examples will
include myfaces (the default behaviour). To build the examples with
the RI, use:

mvn -P jsfri install

When using jetty, we have to also put the other profile used
(myfaces/jsfri). So, to run jetty directly with maven we could do
something like this:

mvn -P jettyConfig,myfaces jetty6:run

Hope you like that!

Bruno

Re: Jetty plugin can be used to run the myfaces examples

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.
And better if you always include the "clean" goal!

mvn -P jettyConfig,myfaces clean jetty6:run

Bruno

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
MYFACES-1330

--
Matthias Wessendorf
Aechterhoek 18

Re: Jetty plugin can be used to run the myfaces examples

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
the listner is describe (by both RI and MyFaces)
in the core tag tld file.

Jetty had a problem with that. You needed to use the web.xml (for both again).
Jetty6-snapshot fixed it (as you see in the notes, posted by bruno)

-Matthias

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 6/10/06, Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have just modified the examples base pom so now it is possible to
> run the examples directly using the maven jetty plugin.
> It is possible now too to choose whether to use myfaces or the ri for
> the war file generated. If no profile is used, the examples will
> include myfaces (the default behaviour). To build the examples with
> the RI, use:
>
> mvn -P jsfri install

Very nice, though I'm jealous that your 'activeByDefault' profile
actually works.