Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Gary <ga...@physics.org> on 2017/12/13 00:54:35 UTC

Moving things along

Hi everyone,

My apologies that I have been so quiet for a while. I want to get us
moving on in our discussions about how to progress which have stalled
again somewhat. There has been some work going on a little bit behind
the scenes around reinstating the project bloodhound instance at the
latest version. I'll nudge the person who has been doing most of that to
keep us a bit more up to date!

I feel that I should mention that I do have to write a report for the
Apache board in which I will have to address decisions around whether to
move this project to the Attic. As I am still talking about progress
here, clearly my intention is to argue for further time for discussions.
Regardless, more discussion, actual decisions and potentially action
will make it easier to justify more time.

So, given that I will shortly send a further message that focuses on
proposing that we formally move towards replacing Trac with Django. The
proposal may be relatively open in terms of the possible results but we
may end up tying down more of the details in the course of the
discussion. It should not arrive too long after this so please watch out
for it.

Cheers,
    Gary

Re: Moving things along

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.
Ah. Thanks, John. I had missed the request to re-open that ticket. Just did
that. We'll get the VM going.

Re: Moving things along

Posted by John Chambers <ch...@apache.org>.
Hi Greg,

Re: Moving things along

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.

Re: Moving things along

Posted by Gary <ga...@physics.org>.
On Mon, 18 Dec 2017, at 3:05 PM, Gary wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Dec 2017, at 01:12 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> > Hi,

> > Note that this report is due now, the Board meeting is on Wednesday.
> >
> > -Bertrand
>
> Thanks for keeping an eye on us, Bertrand!
>
> The report has been discussed on the private list and, once submitted,
> I'll summarise the position that the Bloodhound PMC is taking regarding
> the Attic.
>
> Cheers,
>     Gary

Actually, I should probably should wait on summarising the position until after the ASF board meeting. It is not too far away now so I'm sure you can wait a bit longer.

Cheers,
    Gary

Re: Moving things along

Posted by Gary <ga...@physics.org>.