Posted to dev@dubbo.apache.org by earthchen-apache <ea...@apache.org> on 2022/10/25 06:12:36 UTC

[Discuess] Does Dubbo need shade Netty related dependencies?

Hi All,

Currently, Dubbo relies on netty-all. If users rely on other netty related
dependencies at the same time, it may cause different versions of netty
modules, resulting in some strange problems.

It is simple and rude to directly rely on netty-all, we should rely on it
as needed.(this is doing)

If we want to avoid the above problems, we can only do it in two ways.

   1. Find a way to alert the user at startup
   2. shade to netty related dependencies.(may be a bit complicated)

Thanks,

earthchen