Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Andrew Bruno <an...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/19 01:45:31 UTC

Corrupt index? Can I recover it?

Hi all,

I am using Compass 1.1 with Lucene 2

Our product offers a 2 lucene sub-indexes per customer, A and B, where
B extends A.
In size, A & B are about 15G, where A =10G

We had a server failure a few days ago related to corrupt RAM, and
when the server came back up, and services restarted OK (or so it
appears from logs).

A few days later we have uncovered that index A does not have any
documents indexed prior to server failure, only new documents after
server failure.
Index B is OK.

Index A has millions of documents indexed against it.  Is there a way
that I could try and repair it, even offline?

Thanks
Andrew

Re: Corrupt index? Can I recover it?

Posted by Andrew Bruno <an...@gmail.com>.
Also, I am trying to do an optimize, and I am getting

java.lang.IllegalStateException: docs out of order (-82 < 0 )

Posted by Andrew Bruno <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for this.

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.