Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> on 2004/10/19 06:31:17 UTC

almost ready for _17

I think I've fixed the remaining issues with tests. Now running again all
the tests against:
   - perl 5.6.1 -- 5.9.1 + threads & nothreads & nouseperlio & nouseshrplib
   - prefork/worker

will know in the morning if there are any remaning problems. If not we can
go with _17. I know Philippe has volunteered to wear the RM cap this time.

Though as usual I'm testing only httpd 2.0. Those interested in 2.1,
please do the testing too... Thanks.

sleep time

Re: almost ready for _17

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Stas Bekman wrote:
> Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>> I think I've fixed the remaining issues with tests. Now running again
>> all the tests against:
>>   - perl 5.6.1 -- 5.9.1 + threads & nothreads & nouseperlio &
>> nouseshrplib
>>   - prefork/worker
>>
>> will know in the morning if there are any remaning problems. If not we
>> can go with _17. I know Philippe has volunteered to wear the RM cap
>> this time.
>

> 40 configurations have run so far w/o a problem, it'll probably take a
> few more hours to complete the remaining 8. But it looks good so far, so
> Philippe go ahead and post an RC...

It is now finished:

Success: 43
Failure: 5
Total  : 48

all 5 failures are from the perl/ithreads test, so it's not a problem,
since it's not include in the distro.

So +1 for _17

Re: almost ready for _17

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.

Re: almost ready for _17

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.
> Yup, I was planning on publicly volounteering on Monday morning, but I've
> been moving to a new place, and it has proven quite distruptive on my
> schedule ;-)
>
> So unless anybody shouts out today, I'll put up a RC this afternoon.

in that case don't hold off for my +1 before making the RC an official
release, as I'll essentially be offline from tomorrow through friday.

--Geoff

Re: almost ready for _17

Posted by "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org>.
Geoffrey Young wrote:

> Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>>I think I've fixed the remaining issues with tests. Now running again
>>all the tests against:
>>  - perl 5.6.1 -- 5.9.1 + threads & nothreads & nouseperlio & nouseshrplib
>>  - prefork/worker
>>
>>will know in the morning if there are any remaning problems. If not we
>>can go with _17. I know Philippe has volunteered to wear the RM cap this
>>time.

Yup, I was planning on publicly volounteering on Monday morning, but I've
been moving to a new place, and it has proven quite distruptive on my
schedule ;-)

So unless anybody shouts out today, I'll put up a RC this afternoon.

>>Though as usual I'm testing only httpd 2.0. Those interested in 2.1,
>>please do the testing too... Thanks.
>
> [...]
>
> all 2.1 mixes report
>
> Failed Test       Stat Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of Failed
> t/modules/proxy.t  255 65280     1    2 200.00%  1
>
> which is a known issue.
>
> +1 for the RC.

Excellent!

Re: almost ready for _17

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.

Stas Bekman wrote:
> I think I've fixed the remaining issues with tests. Now running again
> all the tests against:
>   - perl 5.6.1 -- 5.9.1 + threads & nothreads & nouseperlio & nouseshrplib
>   - prefork/worker
>
> will know in the morning if there are any remaning problems. If not we
> can go with _17. I know Philippe has volunteered to wear the RM cap this
> time.
>
> Though as usual I'm testing only httpd 2.0. Those interested in 2.1,
> please do the testing too... Thanks.

test-2.0.47-worker-perl-5.8.5.test.out:All tests successful, 6 tests skipped.
test-2.0.47-worker-perl-5.8.5.test.out:All tests successful, 1 test skipped.
test-2.0.52-worker-perl-5.8.5.test.out:All tests successful, 6 tests skipped.
test-2.0.52-worker-perl-5.8.5.test.out:All tests successful, 1 test skipped.
test-2.0-prefork-perl-5.8.0.out:All tests successful, 14 tests skipped.
test-2.0-prefork-perl-5.8.0.out:All tests successful, 2 tests skipped.
test-2.0-prefork-perl-5.8.5-nothreads.out:All tests successful, 10 tests
skipped.
test-2.0-prefork-perl-5.8.5-nothreads.out:All tests successful, 1 test skipped.
test-2.0-prefork-perl-5.8.5.out:All tests successful, 6 tests skipped.
test-2.0-prefork-perl-5.8.5.out:All tests successful, 1 test skipped.
test-2.0-worker-perl-5.8.0.out:All tests successful, 14 tests skipped.
test-2.0-worker-perl-5.8.0.out:All tests successful, 2 tests skipped.
test-2.0-worker-perl-5.8.5.out:All tests successful, 6 tests skipped.
test-2.0-worker-perl-5.8.5.out:All tests successful, 1 test skipped.