Posted to users@maven.apache.org by pradeepkumar <pr...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/01 16:27:10 UTC

RE: Compilation Error -Incompatible Types

Hi  David ,

This is the original post .

I am facing the compilation error in my Jenkins job.

We are not getting compile time error in Eclipse for BusinessObject but we
are getting incompatible types error in Jenkins.
Is there any way to resolve this issue rather than changing the source code.

Please find the below.

[ERROR] COMPILATION ERROR :
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] /C:/Jenkins/jobs/XXX
Commons/workspace/src/com/ABC/XXX/bo/BusinessObject.java:[4158,102]
incompatible types
  required: com.ABC.XXX.bo.BusinessObject
  found:    com.ABC.bo.BusinessObject
[INFO] 1 error
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------

Please help me out regarding this issue.

RE: Compilation Error -Incompatible Types

Posted by David Evans <da...@evans6.me.uk>.
I'm afraid I know nothing of Jenkins so I'm not able to advise on changing that.

I was suggesting you might check the source to see which of com.ABC.XXX.bo.BusinessObject and  com.ABC.bo.BusinessObject was being imported  and confirm which one SHOULD be being imported.  It might be that a difference in classpaths is allowing you to get away with a source error in Eclipse but not elsewhere, so the fact that it works in Eclipse doesn't guarantee it's right.  It's a mistake I have made in the past.

If you are sure that the source is correct then my observation will not apply!  Good luck either way.

Regards

D.E>

Posted by Adrien Rivard <ad...@gmail.com>.
Maybe you are missing a library that is provided by  Eclipse for
BusinessObject  but not defined in the pom.

In that case you need to find that library and add it to your maven build.

On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 4:27 PM, pradeepkumar <pr...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi  David ,
>

> This is the original post .
>
> I am facing the compilation error in my Jenkins job.
>
> We are not getting compile time error in Eclipse for BusinessObject but we
> are getting incompatible types error in Jenkins.
> Is there any way to resolve this issue rather than changing the source
> code.
>

> Please find the below.
>

> [ERROR] COMPILATION ERROR :
> [ERROR] /C:/Jenkins/jobs/XXX
> Commons/workspace/src/com/ABC/XXX/bo/BusinessObject.java:[4158,102]
> incompatible types
>   required: com.ABC.XXX.bo.BusinessObject
>   found:    com.ABC.bo.BusinessObject
> [INFO] 1 error
>
> Please help me out regarding this issue.

Adrien Rivard