Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Pat White <pa...@verizonmedia.com> on 2021/02/08 21:46:53 UTC

After upgrade to 1.11.4, flowController fails to start due to invalid clusterCoordinator port 0

Hi Folks,

Appreciate any debugging help on a very odd error, after upgrading a Nifi
cluster from 1.6.0 to 1.11.4, flowController fails to start due to:

Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error
creating bean with name 'flowService': FactoryBean threw exception on
object creation; nested exception is
bean with name 'flowController' defined in class path resource
[nifi-context.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'clusterCoordinator'
while setting bean property 'clusterCoordinator'; nested exception is
bean with name 'clusterCoordinator': FactoryBean threw exception on object
creation; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Port must
be inclusively in the range [1, 65535].  Port given: 0

The error trace is very similar to the example Andy described in NIFI-6336,
the issue there i believe is not specifying
'nifi.cluster.node.protocol.port' in 'nifi.properties', however my conf has
that set, 'nifi.cluster.node.protocol.port=50233'  and should be using
50233 instead of '0'.

Cluster had been running fine previously and as far as i can tell, Nifi and
ZK confs and settings are all ok. Also compared to another cluster that had
been upgraded with no issues, and is running 1.11.4 just fine.

Increased debug logging but without success so far. Am looking at the right
property association?

patw

Re: [E] After upgrade to 1.11.4, flowController fails to start due to invalid clusterCoordinator port 0

Posted by Pierre Villard <pi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for following up and providing the explanation!

Posted by Pat White <pa...@verizonmedia.com>.

Posted by Pat White <pa...@verizonmedia.com>.

Posted by Jorge Machado <jo...@me.com>.

Re: [E] Re: After upgrade to 1.11.4, flowController fails to start due to invalid clusterCoordinator port 0

Posted by Pat White <pa...@verizonmedia.com>.

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
PatW