Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Da...@telia.se on 2003/01/10 10:56:23 UTC

Can´t access Tomcat from outside router, help !

Hello everyone !

I have a small problem:
I run Tomcat 4.1.12 on port 8080 and it works fine to use it on the local network (behind a router using NAT with static ip´s) but from outside the router I can´t get any contact with port 8080. I also use Apache on port 80 and that works fine. I have configured the proper port redirection in the router and all services work fine, except Tomcat.
Are there any settings in Linux Mandrake or in Tomcat, that anyone can think of, that would stop me from accessing Tomcat from outside the router ?

Sincerely
	Dan

RE: Can´t access Tomcat from outside router, help !

Posted by Xavier Prélat <pr...@wcentric.com>.
..so it's not a DNS problem...

I guess you did it...but check agin your router configuration....port 8080
is explicitly closed in a standard router configuration...

and is the apache server you can connect...and the Tomcat are on the same
machine.....

another track... may be you use a  machine with multiples IP
adresses.....check your adress translation and subnet masks ....

Xavier

Posted by Xavier Prélat <pr...@wcentric.com>.
Hi,

In the LAN mode are you calling your application using port 8080...(usually
for developpement purpose...) ?? this should work....

but you can call your application calling port 80 too, is this case...you
call Apache on port 80, which calls Tomcat on port 8080 using its
connector....

So I think you don't need to redirect anything in your router.....check your
Apache/Tomcat connector!!

make sense ??

Xavier