Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by "Vladimir Kotikov (Akvelon)" <v-...@microsoft.com> on 2015/07/06 16:46:16 UTC

[DISCUSS] Remove 'plugman publish' functionality from cordova-lib

Hi, list.

Wanted to bump 'CPR vs NPM' topic again. July 15 is coming, so probably we'll need to make some changes to remove CPR publishing related functionality from Cordova.

Things, that needs to be removed:
  1. 'plugman publish/unpublish' commands,
  2. 'registry.publish/unpublish' methods and all related stuff in cordova-lib.
Probably we'll also need to add a message, pointing to docs, for users who are still using 'plugman publish command'.

The major advantage of this change is that we'll be able to update some of our dependencies (npm and semver) to actual versions.

Please, share your thoughts on this.
If nobody is against, I'm going to submit a PRs to cordova-lib and cordova-plugman with these changes.

Best regards, Vladimir

Re: [DISCUSS] Remove 'plugman publish' functionality from cordova-lib

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.
Awesome

Posted by "Vladimir Kotikov (Akvelon)" <v-...@microsoft.com>.

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.